Position Type: Full-time/Regular
Company: Griffin Capital Company
Reports to: SVP, Head of Human Resources
Job Location: El Segundo, CA
Provide assistance to the human resources department and facilitate day-to-day processes to ensure consistent administration of firm wide human resources initiatives and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and update employee records within HRMS and personnel files to ensure proper recordkeeping of employee life cycle changes.
- Become an expert in the Paylocity HRMS and function as the main point of contact for related requests.
- Support talent acquisition efforts including administration of the HRMS recruitment module (ATS), ensuring compliance of all applicant and new hire processes.
- Assist in the onboarding process of employees including background screenings and references, tracking of candidates in HRMS, and new hire paperwork.
- Coordinate and assist in facilitation of new employee orientation and other onboarding activities.
- Respond to employment verifications, W2 and wage statement requests, and state claims forms.
- Assist in the full offboarding process including separation documents and HRMS processing.
- Support the creation and publication of the monthly HR Newsletter, Employee Matters.
- Assist with administration of HR programs such as Professional Development, Rewards & Recognition.
- Maintain regular review and update of company org charts.
- Respond to internal due diligence requests, providing HR metrics and policy/program information.
- Track data and run reports on a routine basis and ad hoc reports as needed, including analyzing and summarizing data. Support creation and analysis of HR metrics.
- Support internal and external audits of HR programs, records and files to ensure compliance and organization.
- Support HR team with administrative needs, including reports, document drafts and sends, minutes, etc.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll preparation including request and review of non-exempt timesheets.
- Support research and planning of internal and external HR initiatives.
- Share duties and back-up responsibilities with the HR Manager and Payroll and Benefits Manager.
- Assist with additional projects, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Two to three years’ experience in Human Resources administrative or coordinator role.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma or GED required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, most importantly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience using HR software and HRMS databases, preferably Paylocity.
- Superior attention to detail; high quality orientation
- Able to work with competing demands and high level of responsiveness
Griffin Capital Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.