Position Type: Full-time/Regular
Company: Griffin Capital Company
Reports to: President, Private Equity Exchange
Job Location: El Segundo, CA
The Vice President of Asset Management will oversee all asset management responsibilities related to Griffin Capital’s multifamily portfolio, which currently includes 18 assets valued at over $2 billion. This position will play an integral role in the growth of the multifamily platform resulting in consistent interaction with Executive Management, the Development and Acquisition team, Investor Relations, and Accounting. Further, the position will serve as the bridge between multiple external parties, including third-party property managers, development partners, brokers, lenders, and investors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee third-party property managers
- Participate in the preparation and review with ultimate oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, analysis, and senior management and investor reporting
- Assist in the preparation and approval of property operating budgets
- Monthly review of operating statements
- Lead bi-weekly and/or monthly property status calls with third-party property managers
- Prepare quarterly investor updates
- Work with the property manager and, if applicable, the construction team to track the progress and cost of capital improvement projects
- Prepare lender-required reports, oversee lender inspections, ensure the timely satisfaction on lender-required improvements, and track loan ovenants
- Conduct financial analysis for refinancing and sale opportunities
- Review market, economic, and capital trends and factors impacting the performance of the assets
- Prepare and deliver asset and market presentations and updates to Executive Management
- Travel to each stabilized asset at least once per year
- Assist in the underwriting and preparation of the pro forma
- Assist in the due diligence and closing process
- Assist in the identification of target markets and prepare high-level market summaries
- Participate in the broker selection process
- Assist in the disposition process by coordinating delivery of due diligence materials and proration review
- Assist in the coordination of all site tours, calls, and data requests
- Draft disposition press releases and work with the Marketing department to finalize and distribute
- Review development pro formas
- Review all annual business plans and oversee the implementation
- Review and approve all variances and change requests
- Review joint venture documents
- Participate in bi-weekly and/or monthly development status calls
- Review equity and debt draw requests and coordinate disbursement with the Accounting team
- Travel to each development asset at least twice per year
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Five to ten years of senior property management, asset management, development, or acquisition experience in the multifamily sector required.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in business, finance, accounting and/or real estate.
- MBA preferred but not required.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Griffin Capital Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.