Position Type: Full-time/Regular
Company: Griffin Capital Securities
Reports to: National Sales Director
Job Location: Telecommute/Home Office
Under general direction with a high level of autonomy, financial advisors/brokers and agents to generate required production/sales revenue from firm’s investment products. Develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with substantial latitude to sell financial products and generate revenue within the Texas and Louisiana territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work to increase sales within the region by developing and maintaining new and existing relationships with third party distributors which includes, regional broker/dealers, independent financial planners, hybrid registered investment advisors and banks.
- Conduct the following programs to develop relationships and raise capital for Griffin sponsored offerings: meeting with advisors in territory, conducting client seminars, broker/dealer conferences and annual meetings, relationship building with sales management at key firms.
- Work in coordination with internal sales partners, providing direction for outbound sales call campaigns and strategic territory coverage.
- Respond to inquiries and resolve issues of a complex nature with key regional representative firms.
- Maintain high activity level of face to face selling requiring multiple days a week in the field.
- Assists with developing and implementing wholesaling business plans for the territory to deliver on sales goals.
- Manages expense account within allotted budget.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Five or more year’s relevant experience within an investment environment. Interest and/or experience in the alternative investment space and/or independent Broker-Dealer channel preferred. Must have an in-depth knowledge of fund products; financial markets and competitive landscape; product performance and investment management philosophy.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong sales abilities are required, evidenced by a track record of increasing new business and developing relationships. Must be able to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels to accomplish objectives and convince others to accept ideas or goals.
- Extensive knowledge of the Financial Services Industry, alternative investments and other investment vehicles. Strong existing relationships with sales, business, product and research people in the independent Broker/Dealer channel.
- Ability, to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively prepare and deliver clear, convincing and professional sales presentations and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Series 7 and 63 required.
Griffin Capital Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.