Position Type: Full-time/Regular
Reports to: Managing Director
Reports to: Associate Portfolio Manager
Job Location: El Segundo, CA
Responsible for providing investment research and analysis across multiple real asset sectors. The analyst/associate will work directly with senior members of the team as well as leading industry researchers throughout all aspects of the investment process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be other related duties.
- Assist senior members of the investment team in the identification, evaluation, and monitoring of investments across multiple real asset sectors. Research and maintain database of economic and real asset specific market data/metrics.
- Manages the financial reporting system used in the preparation of shareholder reports to ensure data integrity, operating efficiencies, timeliness of data imports and accuracy.
- Serve as a general resource for various other special projects and one off analysis of portfolio holdings
- Assist in the creation of white papers and other collateral to support the sales process.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Relevant Work Experience – Minimum two to three years of relevant work and/or industry experience in a more quantitative role within an investment bank or investment management firm. Strong quantitative background.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry and of Real Assets and other investment vehicles. Knowledge of both private equity and liquid real assets is ideal.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to prepare concise and informative written presentations in MS Word, MS Power Point and skilled at financial modeling in MS Excel.